May 19, 2020
We return to the mini- “Let Us” patch in Hebrews 4. The final command is so inspiring!
NIV Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Based on the truth that Jesus can empathize with our weaknesses and temptations, we are invited to come face to face with God. We are not among those who will shrink back but move forward. We approach with confidence! This confidence gives us freedom to ask any request. We are bold in our words! We make big requests because we have an ABLE High Priest! We can ask anything at any time!
We come to God’s THRONE OF GRACE. I love this image. He is on the Throne Sovereignly reigning over the universe! Yet with all His power and majesty, He gives us grace. In grace, God gives us what we do not deserve! In mercy, God does not give us what we do deserve!
The purpose of our coming to him, is to find mercy and grace. He has an infinite storehouse of both! And He is willing to freely give it to us! We confess our need and He helps us by supplying our true needs. The verb to help is most often used in the context of a battle! When we are under attack, He is available to help us! He will help us even in our lack of faith (see Mark 9:24).
NIV Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
I am blessed by this invitation, aren’t you? It is so freeing to know that I am welcome in God’s presence. Jesus has paved the path straight into the throne of Grace! Celebrate the goodness and kindness of our God. Be bold as you ask your requests. Believe on the One who truly helps us! Give thanks for His goodness and provisions!
NIV Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Hymn “I Must Tell Jesus” by Elisha Hoffman, 1893.
- I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me,
He ever loves and cares for His own.
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
- I must tell Jesus all of my troubles,
He is a kind, compassionate Friend;
If I but ask Him He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.
- Tempted and tried I need a great Savior,
One who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus:
He all my cares and sorrows will share.
- What must I do when worldliness calls me?
What must I do when tempted to sin?
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the vict’ry to win.
Here is more information about our benevolence garden. Please come and help us this week!
There is a fenced garden space on church property that was used a few years ago, and I (with a couple volunteers) have been doing preparation work on the site for planting by end of month. We’ll have 1160 square feet of planting area. We are using the no-dig method. See YouTube videos by Charles Dowding https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Here are some tasks and dates for which help is needed (work hours are 8:30-1:30 weekdays except in inclement weather):
- Contributions of cardboard (broken down solid-sided boxes--need over 1000 square feet total) – May 15-22.
- Help laying out cardboard on beds (bring box cutter) – May 15-22.
- Help transferring/spreading compost to beds (bring wheelbarrow and shovel) – May 15-22.
- Building T posts for plant support and protection system (bring drill, Philips driver, adjustable wrench) – May 15-22.
- Digging holes and setting posts (bring post hole digger or narrow shovel and a level) – May 18-26 (not on weekend).
- Planting seeds (bring garden trowel and sharp knife or box cutter) – May 25-29.
- Setting out onion sets (bring garden trowel and sharp knife or box cutter) – May 25-29.
- Planting seedlings and tomatoes/peppers (bring garden trowel and sharp knife or box cutter) – May 25-29.
Please pray about this. If you are led and willing to get involved, please email me with the tasks and dates you are interested in working or text me at 303-653-7809. Also, you may forward this email to anyone you think would be interested. Questions? Please ask.
Hebrews 13:16 says “And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.”
For His Glory,