Here is the article by Dr. Rennie Showers on the first century marriage customs and how they relate to John 14:1-6. I hope you are inspired by his thoughts and applications.
Below is a list of questions on Sunday’s Message from John 14:1-6. We publish these each week on our website under the title Dig Deeper.
March 6, 2022
Series: Declarations of Deity
Text: John 14:1-6
Title: I AM the Way, Truth and Life
1. How did Jesus experience a troubled heart in John 11:32, 12:27 and 13:21? What does this teach us about Him?
2. Why is it significant that Jesus prayed for Peter in Luke 22:31-32? How was this prayer answered?
3. How does Paul’s comments relate to Jesus’ promise in John 14:2? see Ephesians 2:1-7 and Philippians 3:17-21
4. What does Jesus teach his apostles about His return in John 14:18-27?
5. Why is Jesus the perfect route into heaven according to John 14:6? see Proverbs 14:12
6. How can we be confident that faith in Jesus is enough to guarantee us a place in heaven? see Hebrews 2:10-11
Let us continually spur one another on to love and good deeds!